Thursday, September 27, 2012

Why Science is Important

Why Science is Important

In my 10th grade Math class at Suffern High School, my teacher had a wonderful poster that was titled, "When are we ever going to use this stuff?"  Underneath the title was examples in everyday life of when we would use fractions, logarithms, long division and other mathematics formulas.  As a student, I felt that it gave the course purpose, and provided motivation to be successful in this course.

The above link directs you to a video about Science in schools, it's importance in everyday life.  While viewing the video, I immediately  recalled that Math poster, and the incentive it provided me to work harder. Please share with your children or students, and hopefully it provides them with motivation as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment