Thursday, September 13, 2012

WHO I AM

In the beginning of every school year, before back to school night, we distribute poster paper to all of our students with the following directions:

“Who I Am” Posters
 Who All students will be creating “Who I Am” posters that will display their character traits, interests, etc. Please include things that you are responsible for as a student/family/community member. 

What – Students will create a poster that will be displayed in the school hallways.

WhenCompleted “Who I Am” posters must be handed in to your homeroom teacher by Monday. All posters will be hung up by in time for back to school night.
 ·       Feel free to talk to your teachers and other students for ideas!
 ·       Remember to make your poster unique! It should resemble who you are as a person and show off the wonderful traits you have! Don’t be afraid to try 3-D aspects; many students did last year and they were great!
 ·       September is the month for RESPONSIBILITY, your poster should reflect  that!


       What I love about this assignment is the originality it brings out in all of our students.  Every year I cannot wait to walk through the hallways and admire the creativity and uniqueness of all of our students.  Some students draw flowers or trees, others draw landscapes or buildings.  Between classes I catch students and faculty admiring each others' posters, and learning about one another.  Very often I witness students initiating conversations with one another based on their posters, often times in our new 6th grade class.  

"Hey, I didn't know you were a Mets fan too??"  Or "Wow, I didn't know you listened to One Direction!"  

Of course, faculty members are required to create their own posters as well.   Here is a picture of my poster..., but I encourage all parents to take a glance of the remarkable student posters at Back-To-School Night tonight. Our students truly did a wonderful job displaying how terrific they really are!



"

No comments:

Post a Comment